Loading

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Steorrah "II: Thin White Paint"


Country: Germany
Genre(s)Progressive Death Metal
Label: Bret Hard Records
FormatCD, digital
Release dateMarch 13, 2015
Tracklist
  1. Intro 01:20
  2. The Milk Of Human Kindness 08:40
  3. Tea Leaves For Eosphoros 07:28
  4. Runt Of The Litter 07:03
  5. I Think I Saw The Black Dog 03:45
  6. Winchester Geese 07:41
  7. The Twelve Nights Of 1984 07:13
  8. Meta's Attic 02:56
  9. Misericordia / The Great Gig In Disguise 07:59
  10. I Think I Saw The Black Dog (Electric Reprise) 11:03
Line-up
Andreas März – Vocals, Electric and coustic guitars, E-Bow, Stylophone
Christian Schmidt – Drums, Piano
Nicolao Dos Santos – Electric and acoustic guitars, Backing Vocals, Mellotron

Description/Reviews
Are there any Opeth Still Life fans here? If so, then new Steorrah album is a-must-have for you. Of course I’m exaggerating a bit but to be honest the spirit of the venerable Swedish prog-metallers is truly present on this album. After giving it a first check I was not chuffed but the more I got into II: Thin White Paint, the second full-length album from German band Steorrah, the more I really appreciated their approach to music. The fine mix of death metal brutality (don’t expect any blast beats, they operate in a slow and heavy way), gloomy doom metal and progressive, catchy parts is really doing its work.
 Read the full review by Adam Borys at progmetalzone.com

Media/Samples 
Bandcamp

Links:
Web page
Facebook

No comments :

Post a Comment